Please email a completed resume and details of the position in which you're interested to [email protected].
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing general office administrative support functions, ensuring that administrative functions run smoothly, efficiently, and according to Company policies and procedures.
- The Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing general office administrative support functions, ensuring that administrative functions run smoothly, efficiently, and according to Company policies and procedures
- Answers phones and fields questions
- Greets and interacts with customers, handling inquiries and directing them according to specific needs
- Supports staffing to meet business needs and on-boarding and training of all New Hires
- Monitors accounts to ensure the company receives all monies owed and account closings are processed where appropriate
- Ensures all funeral service delivery items, such as cremation permitting, death certificate filing, forwarding of trust delivery documentation, case file maintenance, etc., are carried out professionally and promptly
- Manages the accounts receivable process to include: adherence to receipt book and deposit policies, monitoring all receipts for accurate posting, and following up to resolve any unapplied cash issues
- Regularly updates the funeral home website with service and other information as soon as it becomes available Completes product inventory
- Completes monthly and quarterly administrative processes to include: reconcile P-Card account, month and quarter-end closing
- Participates in weekly updates with the supervisor to share and exchange resources and to ensure goals are met
- Proofs all published materials to ensure everything is accurate and grammatically correct
- Maintains office equipment as necessary; maintains and orders office supplies routinely
- Ensures office work area is always presentable
- Learns to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented
- Manages deliverables; organizes and coordinates workflow, manage multiple tasks, deadlines, and projects
- High School diploma or the equivalent
- A clear understanding of and the ability to use various forms of technology and communications, i.e. online portals, social media, email, live webinars, text, phone
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Able to use and learn multiple computer software and systems and other office equipment
- Strong communication and grammatical skills, with the ability to proof work
- Excellent quality and accuracy of work with attention to detail
- Organizational and planning skills; time management skills, and the ability to prioritize work
- Ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external work processes
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Funeral Home Associate
We are looking to hire a full time individual to join our team. A majority of the job duties center around assisting funeral directors serve our families along with maintaining our facilities and fleet.
- Assisting funeral directors as needed
- Greeting families at services
- Transfer of the deceased from the place of death into our care
- Cleaning and driving of funeral home vehicles
- Cleaning the funeral home before and after a service
- Light maintenance work
- Professional appearance
- Attention to details
- Current drivers license with acceptable driving record
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- We are a family owned and operated with strong values dedicated to service
Receives client families and visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them courteously and appropriately. Answers, screens, and routes incoming phone calls plus other general office support duties.
- Greets guests and visitors, offering assistance when entering the building
- Notifies staff members when appointments arrive and escorts guests to appropriate room
- Answers routine questions associated with services, products, location directions, etc.
- Immediately notifies and involves management with customer service and security issues
- Receives deceased belongings from family and follows chain of custody procedures
- Answers, screens, and routes incoming calls to appropriate staff members
- Maintains a comfortable environment for clients, providing beverages and other amenities for families as needed. May make coffee.
- Maintains guest-waiting area, disposing of trash, replacing tissues, and general straightening of furniture
- Receives incoming mail and packages
- Maintains organized and current electronic and paper files and records, such as deeds and trust files
- May perform light typing, proofreading, data entry or printing
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Six months general office, receptionist, or administrative support experience preferred
- Proficient at operating telephones, fax, copier
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Clear and professional speaking voice and tone
- Professional interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work schedule including Saturday and or Sunday and beyond standard business hours.
Beyers Funeral home and crematory is one of the largest family owned and operated funeral homes in the state of Florida. We are looking for people that believe in the values of independent funeral homes. Our licensed professionals work closely with their client families and we empower our professionals the freedom to care for them as uniquely as individuals.
Job Type : Full Time
- Degree in mortuary science
- Licensure with the state of Florida
- Ability to manage multi-client families
- Excellent driving record
- Participation in the on call schedule for phone
- Rotation after hours
- Fully paid health care
- Dental, vision, and life all at a very attractive rates.
- 401k retirement
- Vacation and sick time